What a great Easter weekend we had at HMCC! It really began from Maundy Thursday as we focused on the last days of Christ on this earth and then His crucifixion on Friday. As I am getting older, I am reminded of the need of grace and mercy that much more in my life.
Usually after a big weekend like Easter, it take the morning after or in this case, a few days after to process everything.
2) The power of a team. It so encouraging to see all the various ministry teams in unity and focused for the mission at hand this past Sunday. What would it be like if every single Sunday was like this past Sunday? I am thankful for all the great people we have in our church – they make the church run (in 3G speed).
3) The power of relationships. I was amazed to see all the newcomers that came out to our Easter Celebration. It has always been said that next to Christmas, Easter is the most attended service throughout the whole year. I met parents and friends of our members and it reminded me that evangelism is best done in the context of relationships. Those who did not cross the line of faith YET, we are going to keep on investing and inviting.
4) The power of the resurrected life. I am just thankful that we serve a risen Savior. This means that Jesus is alive and is rooting for us to finish the race. I desire what the Apostle Paul desired – “I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, 11 and so, somehow, to attain to the resurrection from the dead” (Php 3:10-11).
2) We need to pray that the heart for evangelism in our church does not die out after this weekend.
3) We need to pray that we will have the same level of faith and expectancy, as we come to the Sunday Celebration or any of our church gatherings.
4) We need to pray that the Gospel will motivate us to take active steps of faith in radical living.