As I take some time to reflect on this past year, my heart is filled with praise for God’s faithfulness and favor. I had an opportunity to look over all my blog post for the 2008 year and I realized that God has been good.
So often when we don’t write things down, we forget about all the ways in which God worked in our lives. A lot has happened within the past 365 days of the year. For this, I am truly thankful.
Here are some key highlights for 2008:
• Our first-ever Global ACCESS retreat (our international ministry)
• The Miracle Sunday Offering that went beyond our expectations
• Purchasing our first permanent property for the church
• Reconnecting with alumni in Hong Kong, Singapore, and Indonesia
• Hung out with close friends discussing the topic of God’s Kingdom
• Planting HMCC of Austin
• Planting HMCC of Chicago at the UIC site
• Going to a Cubs game in Atlanta with the family (thanks Pastor Matt and JCA)
• Finishing off the renovation and having our first Sunday Celebration in our new building
• Burying the prayers cards in the grounds of our property
• Resurrection of my Twitter account
• Announcing to the church that our family will be leaving for Indonesia for one year
• Our undergraduate retreat
• Missions Week with Pastor Paul Liu
• Our first African-American president
• Prequel of the T.V. show “24”
• Visiting former members in Lewisburg for Thanksgiving
• Finalizing the Jakarta team and having our first meeting
• Witnessing transformed lives at our baptism ceremony
This New Year will be filled with greater things.