When I talked with a NWA’s reservation agent to see if I can get on an earlier flight, they said that all the flights were booked solid. Since Chicago and Detroit had bad weather, they had to cancel a lot of flights and rebook people on the Monday flights.
Therefore, I thought I would not be able to get back on Monday until the evening which meant that I would not have much time with the boys. But I decided that this situation required some extra measures – God’s Providence and also some communication skills.
I went to ORD at 4:30AM and waited for the first agent to get in to their station. After explaining my situation, the NWA agent overbooked me on the first flight out at 6:00AM – I don’t know if it was even following protocol… but I didn’t complain 🙂
Thank God for sympathetic airline agents and determination.