As some of you probably heard by now, our beloved brother Andy went to be with the Lord yesterday at 5:47AM EST. He was KIA (killed in action) during his tour of duty in Fallujah, Iraq.
We are going to have a memorial service for him tonight, 7PM at the Michigan Union, Anderson Room. We are cancelling all our meetings for tonight so that we can remember and honor our brother.
Please keep Andy’s family in prayer as they are trying to deal with the tremendous loss.
I had the privilege of meeting with him before he went on this tour of duty. I remember asking him if he had any prayer requests – and he said, “Please pray for my parents, especially my mom as I go to Iraq. Also, pray that they may come to know Christ.” It is my hope that Andy’s parents would come to know Christ as they see the hope that believers have, as well as by seeing Christ’s love being displayed by the Body of Christ.
Andy, we are going to miss you… thank you for blessing our lives with your life. We will never be the same.
“Precious in the sight of the LORD is the death of his saints” (Ps 116:15).
In honor of Andrew Kim:
• Lance Corporal Andrew Kim (US Marine Corps) during a routine patrol, was met with skirmish and KIA (killed in action) at 5:47AM EST in Fallujah, Iraq.
• Andrew Kim, 20 years old and a junior in college.
• A resident in Ann Arbor for 10 years.
• Attended HMCC’s Latitude (youth group ministry) from 2002-2004 and participated in HMCC during the summer of 2006.
• Survived by his parents Mr. and Mrs. Kim and his younger brother Isaac.